New Cabinet sworn in
The new Cabinet of Ministers was sworn in before President Maithripala Sirisena at the Presidential Secretariat in Colombo today (1).
This is the fourth Cabinet reshuffle of the National Government.
Several ministerial portfolios have changed hands while some ministers have retained their previous portfolios.
UPFA General Secretary Mahinda Amaraweera, who was the Fisheries Minister, has been sworn in as the new Agriculture Minister.
SLFP General Secretary Duminda Dissanayake, who serves as the Agriculture Minister, has been appointed as the Minister of Irrigation and Water Resources Management and Disaster Management.
Meanwhile former Justice Minister Wijedasa Rajapakshe was sworn in in as the Minister of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs.
Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka has been sworn in as the Minister of Sustainable Development, Wildlife and Regional Development.
Minister of National Co-existence and Official Languages Mano Ganesan has received the portfolio of Reconciliation, which was previously held by the President.
- Wijedasa Rajapakshe - Minister of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs
- Ravindra Samaraweera - Minister of Labour and Trade Union Relations
- Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka - Minister of Sustainable Development, Wildlife and Regional Development
- Daya Gamage - Minister of Social Welfare and Primary Industries
- Mano Ganesan - Minister of National Co-existence, Reconciliation and Official Languages
- Sagala Ratnayake - Minister of Project Management, Youth Affairs and Southern Development
- D.M. Swaminathan - Minister of Rehabilitation, Resettlement, Northern Development and Hindu Religious Affairs
- Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa - Minister of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development and Rural Economy
- Faiszer Musthapha - Minister of Sports, Minister of Provincial Councils and Local Government
- Thalatha Athukorala - Minister of Justice and Prison Reforms
- Ranjith Maddumabandara - Minister of Public Administration and Management, Minister of Law and Order
- Kabir Hashim - Minister of Highways and Road Development
- P. Harrison - Minister of Social Empowerment
- S. B Navinna - Minister of Internal Affairs and Wayamba Development
- Lakshman Kiriella - Minister of Public Enterprise and Kandy Development
- Sarath Amunugama - Minister of Science, Technology and Research, Skills Development and Vocational Training, and Hill Country Heritage
- Mahinda Amaraweera - Minister of Agriculture
- Duminda Dissanayake - Minister of Irrigation and Water Resources Management and Disaster Management