Why Should Apple-iPhone-X be Your Next Mobilephone?
On the tenth anniversary of iPhone, Apple rolls out three new devices—and hopes consumers won’t mind the hefty price tag.
The US-based Technology Giant company, Apple, on Tuesday, unveiled a new Smartwatch, an Apple TV and the Apple-iPhone 8, and 8 Plus. However, the showstopper was a premium device called Apple-iPhone X. The iPhone X price starts at $999. Apple’s CEO *Tim Cook* boasted that this is the ‘biggest leap forward since the original Apple iPhone’.
“The first Apple-iPhone revolutionized a decade of technology and changed the world in the process,” Tim Cook Apple's CEO said on the stage at the Apple's Steve Job's Auditorium. “Now, ten years later, it is only fitting that we are here in this place on this day to reveal a product that will set the path for technology for the next decade,” Tim Cook said.
Here are 8 things you need to know about the new Apple-iPhone X:-
- To begin with, the new iPhone is pronounced ‘Ten’ and not X, as it celebrates the 10th anniversary of Apple’s iPhone.
- The iPhone X will have glass on both the front and the back, creating what Apple calls an ‘all-glass design’. In case you’re worried about that glass breaking, Apple stresses that the glass is ‘the most durable’ ever used in a smartphone.
- It has an end-to-end display which means that the front of the phone is all Screens. The display covers the full face of the device, with the exception of a small sliver at the top for the camera. The screen measures 5.8-inches diagonally.
- The new phone doesn’t have a home screen button. Instead, all you need to do to return to the home screen is by swiping up from the bottom. Same can be done to toggle between the Apps.
- You have witness mobile devices being unlocked using passwords, codes, patterns and even with your fingerprint, but Apple iPhone-X offers something different: the ability to unlock the device by scanning and recognizing your face ID.
- An all new Animoji feature that lets you send animated versions of the popular emojis found on the iPhone to your friends, family and everyone else. Animoji will use the Face ID hardware face-scanning features of the iPhone X to create custom 3D versions based on your own facial expressions.
- Apple says the iPhone X will have two hours more battery life than the iPhone 7.
- While iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will go on sale in September, the iPhone X won’t be available for pre-order until October 27. It is expected to begin shipping by November 3.